business trip to

Strakonice

Hussite battleground Sudoměř

sudomer_s.jpg
The village Sudoměř is a well-known place of the first important victory of the Hussites on 25th March 1420. It is situated 10 km east of the town Strakonice, 383 m a.s.l. Near the village there are three ponds (with revetments) and a small hill covered with trees - this was the place of the famous battle between the Hussites and patrician soldiers.

Read more    See it on the map

Castle Strakonice

kasteel_strakonice_s.jpg
This Gothic castle, originates from the late 12th century by the Bavor family of Strakonice. In 1243 a part of the castle was donated to the Order of the knights of St. John. Highlights are the church of St. Procope, a capitulary hall and a cloister with unique Gothic wall paintings. The tower Rumpál has a great view.

Address: Zámek 1, 38601 Strakonice | Opening hours Tu-Su 9:00h-16:00h.

    See it on the map

Glass museum in Frauenau

muzeum_frauenau_s.jpg
Glass Museum in Frauenau leads the visitor on an exciting journey through the history of glass, in the regional-historical world of the people who live and work with glass and ultimately to an important collection of international modern art glass.

Read more    See it on the map

Ruins of the Helfenburk castle

helfenburk_s.jpg
In the second half of 14th century a monumental castle was founded by four brothers - lords of Rožmberks. Todays well preserved ruins of the castle Helfenburk are situated 5 km from the town Bavorov in the South Bohemian Region.

Read more    See it on the map

Learning path Švanda dudák

leerpad_strakonice_s.jpg
About two hundred years ago lived in the vicinity of Strakonice very famous piper, named Švanda. The famous Czech playwriter J.K. Tyl wrote a play based on his life. You can step into the footsteps of Švanda in the 15 km. learning path in the vicinity of Strakonice.

Starting point: At the entrance of the castle of Strakonice.

    See it on the map

Ruins of the Prácheň castle

prachen_castle_s.jpg
The small ruins of Prácheň castle are situated at the top of the hill above the Otava river. Its role acted as the Slavonic fortified settlement and finished at the end of the 13th century.

Read more    See it on the map